The first sentence is in the ACTIVE VOICE. Choose the most correct way of saying the same thing in the PASSIVE VOICE:
1. They were interviewing her for the job. She _was being interviewed _____ for the job.
was being interviewed was interviewed has been interviewed
2. Tom is writing the letter. The letter __is being written______________ by Tom.
was written is being written has been written
3. Everyone understands English. English __is understood______________ by everyone.
is understood has been understood was understood
4. The employees brought up this issue during the meeting. This issue was brought up by the employees during the meeting.
has been brought up is brought up was brought up
5. The professor told him not to talk in class. He __was told________ by the professor not to talk in class.
has been told was told was being told
6. They say that women are smarter than men. Women ___are said_____________ to be smarter than men. were being said were said are said
7. The fire has destroyed the house. The house ___has been destroyed_______ by the fire.
has been destroyed was being destroyed is destroyed
8. She would have told you. You __would have been told ______________ by her.
would have been told would be told were being told
9. She would reject the offer. The offer _would be rejected ________ by her.
will have been rejected would be rejected will be rejected
10. This surprises me. I _am surprised_____ by this.
would have been surprised will be surprised am surprised
Exercícios de inglês para todos os níveis: básico, intermediário e avançado
Posted: 04 Mar 2008 05:20 PM CST
O site English-Test.net disponibiliza gratuitamente centenas de exercícios de inglês com respostas. Além de escolher o tema dos exercícios (inglês de negócios, erros comuns, expressões idiomáticas), o visitante ainda pode definir o nível desejado: básico, intermediário ou avançado.
Todas as questões são de múltipla escolha. Depois de responder e só clicar na opção "explanation", para verificar se a sua resposta está correta e ainda obter uma explicação completa sobre a questão.
Muito bom para professores que estão elaborando planos de aula e ainda para alunos mais aplicados.
Fonte: English Experts
Complete the sentences with will or won’t:
a) ___________you study tonight?
b) ___________he drink milk for breakfast?
c)___________she meet you at the theater?
d)__________ they travel next summer?
e)__________we have an appointment tomorrow?
g) I__________ leave at 6 o’clock.
h) It__________rain next month.
i) Class________start at 1:30. It finishes at 5:00 every day.
j) I____________floss my teeth after the meals.
k) You_________have to work tomorrow. Tomorrow is Sunday.
Use can, can’t, could, couldn’t,may, may not, should, shouldn’t, must or mustn’t:
a) I needed to see Junior yesterday but I ____________________find him.
b) You ____________ go to the dentist tomorrow.
c) He_______________help his mother.
d) She ________________come to the class last night. She had an accident.
e) We _______________talk to our parents.
f) He was sick yesterday. He ______________go to work.
g) It _______________rain tomorrow, it’s going to be very cool.
h) I _________________do anything, I was really anxious.
i) I _________hear what you’re saying.
j) ___________you help me? It’s too heavy.
k) You _____________sell your car.
l) We __________respect them. They are older than us.
m) She __________buy it, it’s very expensive.
n) I am getting tired, I ____________ rest all day long.
o) You _____________go to bed earlier or you won’t wake up early.
p) When Jack was 20, he was a sportsman. He ___________swim 3 hours a day.
Complete with the reflexive pronoun:
a) I ____________ cleaned the house.
b) He went to the theater by ________________.
c) We go to school every day by_______________.
d) She hurt ________________ when he was cooking.
e) They should go to the doctor by________________.
f) The man made his dinner by___________________.
Change the sentences into past tense:
a) She will buy a new car next week.
b) They like to live in Los Angeles.
c) She doesn’t need to stay here.
d) He would like to work as a policeman.
e) I don’t like to wake up early.
f) We go to school every day by bus.
g) It barks all day long.
h) You have an English class after the gym.
i) She goes shopping on Saturday morning.
SITES SUGERIDOS – CURSOS BÁSICOS E INTERMEDIÁRIOS
Estude com música : We are the champion !